Event Timetable

Server Time: DeadFront: |12AM, 4AM, 8AM, 12PM, 4PM, 8PM| Colosseum Party Match: |3AM, 9AM, 3PM, 9PM| Colosseum Battle Royale: | 1AM, 7AM, 1PM, 7PM|
Nitex

Balancing Test 1

19 posts in this topic

Balance channel has been activated with the following changes for testing:

Green = Changes Applied

Red = Changes not applied, see Google Doc

Segita Hunter

10-12-2016

Suggestion:

Increase overall xbow damage by an additional 10%

Decrease overall bow damage by an additional 5%

Decrease maximum hp by 5%

Reason:

Segita hunter is close to useless. If you sit in Ardeca for only 10 min you will notice everyone trying to sell their hunter items, because they don’t feel like Segita Hunter is worth playing.
I want to change that. Segita Hunter needs more damage on their Xbow skills since Xbow is hunter's primary weapon in PVP and less damage on bow skills to make sure hunter doesn't have too much overall damage.
Maximum hp should be decreased (just my opinion and idea), since Segita hunter has the highest movement speed in game along with good heals and Crit Resistance, they should be easier to kill, but deal more damage in PVP.

------------------

Bagi Warrior
10-12-2016

Suggestion:

Boost following skills:

• Triple Ravage - Increase damage 20%

• Seperate - Increase damage 5%

• Mad Bloods - Increase damage 15%1007

• Spirit Shout - Increase damage 10%

• Carnage - Increase damage 10% + add 5000 hp drain on last hit

• Dead Spark - Increase damage 5%

• Imbibe - Reduce vitality by 150 instead of 80

• Lallupalooza - Each hit should slow 30% for 2 sec

• Mad Cry - Increase own all magic res 20% for 1 sec

Nerf following skills:

• Riraskin - Reduce damage 15%

• Gidion - Reduce damage 15%

• Dellacar - Reduce damage 15%

Reason:
Been testing this with Bon3 and we think this would be a decent start. This is not final by any means, but once the balance channel comes online we would like to see how these changes turns out there.

51 minutes ago, Nitex said:

Segita Hunter

10-12-2016

Suggestion:

Increase overall xbow damage by an additional 10%

Decrease overall bow damage by an additional 5%

Decrease maximum hp by 5%

Reason:

Segita hunter is close to useless. If you sit in Ardeca for only 10 min you will notice everyone trying to sell their hunter items, because they don’t feel like Segita Hunter is worth playing.
I want to change that. Segita Hunter needs more damage on their Xbow skills since Xbow is hunter's primary weapon in PVP and less damage on bow skills to make sure hunter doesn't have too much overall damage.
Maximum hp should be decreased (just my opinion and idea), since Segita hunter has the highest movement speed in game along with good heals and Crit Resistance, they should be easier to kill, but deal more damage in PVP.

I'm a bit biased concerning hunters since I'm a fan of bows rather than x-bows. But I'm not a fan of hunters overall on Dekaron. All that aside, I think it's a good idea to lower max HP even more, say 10 to 15%, since hunters need to be squishy, but kity, so they need to learn to kite, even from early game. I think lowering the shield as well by the same amount is a good idea for the PvP effect. Hunters in general are ranged DPS/damage dealers, they usually wear light armor to increase their agility (=less defenses more kite-kite-kite) in order to kite and nuke from afar.

Balancing xbow/bow damage by lowering one in order to increase the other seems like a great idea. The numbers seem fine too IMO.

But ofc, I'm not a hunter player, I believe others who are, are better at this than me.

Edited by Chronos
Adori likes this

A couple comments on Hunter.

1. Let's face it, almost every hunter on this server don't know how to play the class.  Not taking any shots at people, but that's just from what i've seen and heard.  I see a lot of hunters complaining about damage output for one, but aren't even doing the basics like using vulnerable shot efficiently.  Also, no one even bothers to use Recicyon which combined with vulnerable will absolutely devastate even the tankiest fuck's defense.  They don't know kiting fundamentals, when to use certain skills for evasion, etc.  So when we are balancing classes, we need to also consider the fact that maybe no one knows how to play the class and that is leading to everyone trading gear.  I love my Hunter. If not for me needing to go back Mage again I would just stay Hunter full time.

2. I don't think another bow damage and hp nerf are a way to make the class popular.  Besides the fact that would make two nerfs to both recently, if they don't know how to properly kite, this is going to hurt them even worse.  Especially the HP.  I think we need to examine this closely because after a certain amount of heal, Hunter is useless in a fight despite being able to out heal people with fish/pots.  Is there anyway we can get like free stat resets or something on that shard so I can check?

3. I think we need to ditch the old way of thinking that Xbow is the main source of damage in PvP.  Xbow was the main weapon on A3 because it had the best base damage and it could use many of the same skills as Bow. I remember on 2moons, you had a few bow build hunters who were considered skilled players.  It was such a limited weapon that if you could beat someone in PvP with it, you had to be pretty good as it dealt less damage and didn't have demo bomb lol.  Now that has changed with the later actions adding worthwhile bow skills you can actually use for damage and additional utility.  In some PvP situations, you need to run straight bow for a time, this wasn't really the case back then.  While Xbow is still the flagship weapon and has the hardest hitting skills, I think we need to move forward balancing both with a different mindset.  

So before I offer any further suggestions on the current changes i'll get some testing in later on my hunter.  If anyone is wanting to PvP let me know.

llkooltjg13, Chronos and Nitex like this

Actually as a revision to my previous statement, I'll make it brief, cause it's late and I'm tired.

I like the idea of having the hunter choose which wep to use depending on playstyle. Both xbow and bow should have overall the same damage, not to favor one over the other, but xbow is known to land a big punch with less hits and a low attack rate, whilst bow has more attacks, it's speedier, but lands smaller hits. But like I said, overall same damage though.

The problem with overall same damage is Hunter now has two big ass skills, one hits a wide range of people for like 6 times and does massive fucking damage.  So I am fine with nerfing the bow damage to a certain extent if need be, but there also needs to be a trade-off for that besides just an increase to Xbow damage that might not be needed.  So for example, months ago I suggested adding rapid fire's knock back debuff onto Rising.  Rapid Fire used to be a very good skill for hunters to mix-it up with in PvP as it almost always KB'ed your opponents, but with all the changes since then that hasn't been the case.  Korea added the KB debuff to compensate for this.  So if the community is wanting bow to become more utility, changes like this will help as opposed to possibly buffing/nerfing damage by too much.

Chronos likes this

9 hours ago, Dwayne Wayne said:

A couple comments on Hunter.

1. Let's face it, almost every hunter on this server don't know how to play the class.  Not taking any shots at people, but that's just from what i've seen and heard.  I see a lot of hunters complaining about damage output for one, but aren't even doing the basics like using vulnerable shot efficiently.  Also, no one even bothers to use Recicyon which combined with vulnerable will absolutely devastate even the tankiest fuck's defense.  They don't know kiting fundamentals, when to use certain skills for evasion, etc.  So when we are balancing classes, we need to also consider the fact that maybe no one knows how to play the class and that is leading to everyone trading gear.  I love my Hunter. If not for me needing to go back Mage again I would just stay Hunter full time.

2. I don't think another bow damage and hp nerf are a way to make the class popular.  Besides the fact that would make two nerfs to both recently, if they don't know how to properly kite, this is going to hurt them even worse.  Especially the HP.  I think we need to examine this closely because after a certain amount of heal, Hunter is useless in a fight despite being able to out heal people with fish/pots.  Is there anyway we can get like free stat resets or something on that shard so I can check?

3. I think we need to ditch the old way of thinking that Xbow is the main source of damage in PvP.  Xbow was the main weapon on A3 because it had the best base damage and it could use many of the same skills as Bow. I remember on 2moons, you had a few bow build hunters who were considered skilled players.  It was such a limited weapon that if you could beat someone in PvP with it, you had to be pretty good as it dealt less damage and didn't have demo bomb lol.  Now that has changed with the later actions adding worthwhile bow skills you can actually use for damage and additional utility.  In some PvP situations, you need to run straight bow for a time, this wasn't really the case back then.  While Xbow is still the flagship weapon and has the hardest hitting skills, I think we need to move forward balancing both with a different mindset.  

So before I offer any further suggestions on the current changes i'll get some testing in later on my hunter.  If anyone is wanting to PvP let me know.

hey

You wont feel the 5% nerf on bow due to the incredibly high amounts of vit it has. Bow wont be useless by any means.
10% increase in overall xbow damage was my way of making hunter and xbow more appealing since everyone is trying to sell their hunter items. I have even played hunter myself and was shocked by the fact that my 180 bow +10 only had slightly less damage than my perfect +10 195 xbow back then. This will make hunter more balanced overall.
The hp decrease is due to hunter high mobility, heals and crit res in combination of it being the fastest runner on the server (2 speed skills). They also have abnormal resistance which makes them harder to stun than other classes (except bagi, hb and alo of course). But once again 5% hp isn't game breaking.
These changes are only for balance channel to see how they turn out. We will be testing them a lot and listening to other players opininons. Hopefully these changes will work better for hunter than their current stats.

If you have other suggestions for hunter feel free to let us know (did read your suggestions in previous comment), and we will take them into consideration. Since your main is hunter, your feedback is much appreciated.

Dwayne Wayne and Nitex like this