Hello, DKR players,
Recently there have been a few changes with the DKR Staff Team. This article will outline and explain these changes. Our entire team is dedicated to fairness and the promotion of a fun Dekaron gaming environment for everyone to enjoy.
- Game Master Promotions
- OPR Additions
- Logging and Transparency
- New DKR-Staff Rules
Game Master Promotions
We have promoted two previous OPRs to the Game Master Position.
[GM]zennou is a Game Master in the EU timezone. As an OPR he assisted the DEV-Team by testing updates, providing crash information, and more. He has also served and continues to serve on the Balance Team, providing detailed insight on current Balance and possible solutions to address known balance problems. Spending hundreds of hours on the Balance Test server, he has helped test many changes – some of which are currently active now on the Live Server.
[GM]NEEDLE is a Game Master in the PST timezone, specifically USA-California. As an OPR he assisted the team to maintain a fair playing field for everyone. He caught many rule-breakers and helped bring them to justice by spending countless hours investigating cases, monitoring logs, and frequently checking maps. Several AFK Farmers, illegal traders, hackers, scammers, and more were sanctioned by him during his active staff hours.
We are happy to have them on our team as they continue to dedicate themselves to our users.
We are also very pleased to introduce our new EU OPR – [OPR]Assassin.
[OPR]Assassin will be serving our EU timezone by offering help to those in-game and on Discord. [OPR]Assassin has been in the community for years and is eager to help people.
Please give him a warm welcome when you see him in-game!
Logging and Transparency
- Logging: We’ve improved the logging capabilities of both our client and staff panel. Everything is quickly accessible and searchable. We routinely review various game activity to ensure professionalism, fairness, and responsibility.
- Information Requests: We will be updating the ticket support system to include functionality for information requests. Players will be able to submit information requests to see if any staff members used any commands at a particular time. This can be utilized if, for example, you suspect that someone has disconnected you.
- Character Transparency Request: If for any reason anyone would like to verify whether or not a character has any special items or special advantage, they may submit a ticket. This ticket will be verified by at least three staff members. We won’t release any build-related information (such as gem information, build, etc.) but we will release a limited informational list. Please do not attempt to misuse this courtesy to try and figure out someone’s build.
New DKR-Staff Rules
Due to some recent in-game events, the Exec-Team has decided to make a couple of adjustments to the DKR-Staff Member Guidelines that are effective immediately.
No more than two staff personal characters can be members of the same guild simultaneously.
- DKR-Staff Members have no advantage over normal users in any way. They don’t have unlimited coins, special perks, or special gear. DKR-Staff Members are allowed to have personal characters due to this.
- We understand that even though DKR-Staff Members do not have any special gear, having multiple Staff Member’s personal characters in the same guild can create a negative image to some users, because of this we have reduced the amount of DKR-Staff Members that can be members of the same guild.
- There were never any exclusive "Staff Guilds" or "GM Guilds" (besides the Official Rising Staff guild). That said, this rule should quell any concerns.
All DKR-Staff Members must keep their personal characters secret, they will not tell anyone who their personal characters are.
- In the past, we had several DKR-Staff Members that had used the same personal character name as their staff alias. Some users expressed concern about this and claimed that some DKR-Staff were “exercising their powers under their personal characters.” Even though this claim was very untrue, we took it into consideration when making this change.
- DKR-Staff Members cannot have personal characters with the same name as their staff character. (Examples: Fayth, Zeshin, JojoButtons, etc.)
- DKR-Staff Members cannot reveal the personal characters of other Staff Members, doing so will result in their immediate demotion from the DKR-Staff Team or further action depending on the severity.
This being said, our general game rules remain unchanged. We have a couple of older rules that the DKR-Staff Members will be enforcing more. These rules are:
- The staff is here to help you. It is your right as a player. Do Not abuse that right. If you feel a Staff member has wronged you, speak with another staff member.
- Disrespecting the Server or any of its Staff Members will not be tolerated and is also a bannable offense. Everyone on the staff team is here to make the game better.
- No telling players the name of a Staff Members personal character(s), will result in jailing or permanent ban. There is absolutely zero distinction between normal player characters and staff member personal characters.
Full DKR Rules can be found here: https://dekaronrising.com/index.php?/forums/topic/28102-in-game-rules-and-behavior-english/
Edited by Nitex