Event Timetable

Server Time: DeadFront: |12AM, 4AM, 8AM, 12PM, 4PM, 8PM| Colosseum Party Match: |3AM, 9AM, 3PM, 9PM| Colosseum Battle Royale: | 1AM, 7AM, 1PM, 7PM|
Nitex

[Preview] Dark Wide Rework

18 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Maestru said:

Yes Dark Crystal is the skill that gives most of the trouble for melee classes it creates such a huge gap between you and the opponent in a way that he can't possibly reach you cause you also have Back Step to create an even bigger gap and Fatal Smile which also slows down the enemy in case Abnormal Resistance is down or he isnt quick enough to use the dash to completly dodge it + having Limit Rush which in case the opponent comes close you just use it and after a few seconds you have Dark Crystal back again. The problem that most Black Wizards have now is that finishing an opponent that has HP recovering skill its close to impossible to finish off ex: AK, Segu, Segnale, Aloken even with the so called OP Dark Wide I found myself beaten by segu's that have far worse items than me and I am fully perfect with MC2 Helm and SpeedBoots V3 while they are using 195 weapons, also it's pretty tilting to deal only 800 DMG to an AK even if you hit 12 hits or 14 on an AK if you deal only 800 dmg it becomes useless.

While I can see the PROS and CONS of reworking Dark Wide for me the CONS that I get with that rework far outweight the PROS of having an more powerfull skill that can be simply avoided by running or dodging.

So like I told MasterD

If we decide to keep Dark Wide like this, we will make sure to boost the class in other areas.

Also keep in mind that you can't expect a class to be able to kill ALL other classes. Wizard is a debuff class that excels at debuffing others with atk debuff, resistances debuff, mana drains, hp drains and what-not, so of course you will have a hard time against classes such as bagi, HB and Aloken.

Also remember that skillbalance is made hand in hand with gearbalance so when you say that this change is a bad idea you have to remember that this change isn't intended to be implemented on ark with current balance. It's intended to go along with the new skill- and gearbalance.

I understand if we we're to just change Dark Wide now and put it on live and do nothing else it would be a huge kick in the nuts for wizards, but thats not we're doing, so keep that in mind.

Personally I think this would be an awesome change for wizard.

In the end Wizard will be balanced no matter what.

Edit: On a site note for what it's worth this skill is actually fairly hard to dodge. The only reason it looks so easy in the video is because I have insensibility buff on AK. It's hard to dodge, but not impossible. A 14 hit skill shouldn't be undodgeable.

[GM]Fayth 신앙 and ProGasm like this

1 hour ago, Sheikh said:

I still love my dw tho, whatever happens.

Who does not love dw :lol:? I mean how can you not enjoy a class that flips all over the map, and the guitar solo = awesome. I still get on my naked dw, just for the fun of the class. I do not know about all the balancing, but after these nerfs, I will never expect to play my dw competitively anymore though.

22 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Who does not love dw :lol:? I mean how can you not enjoy a class that flips all over the map, and the guitar solo = awesome. I still get on my naked dw, just for the fun of the class. I do not know about all the balancing, but after these nerfs, I will never expect to play my dw competitively anymore though.

I feel you bro, but i still believe somehow that balance teams know what they are doing! 

A big goodluck :)

MasterD and [GM]Fayth 신앙 like this

3 hours ago, MasterD said:

but we can still use it to vend extra gear. kinda useful tho.

will wait for the new class then.

MasterD and Zirack like this