• Dead Front: 2AM | 6AM | 10AM | 2PM | 6PM | 10PM
  • Colosseum PTM: 3AM | 9AM | 3PM | 9PM
  • Colosseum BR: 1AM | 7AM | 1PM | 7PM
  • Elonohm Sanctum: 10AM | 2PM | 4PM
Nitex

[Progress Update Feb.8.2018] Weapon-Theme System

Progress update 2/8/2018:

Good news.

• We've began working on new skins. @Dannyboi has made some pretty awesome ones so far.
  • I've found a way to make the system work 100% in-game. No need for players to log into the website to swap weapon skins. It will be a very simple process handled in game :).

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi guys,

I wanted to get your input on a new possible system we were thinking about adding. We got this idea thanks to feedback from a few of our players.

Everyone loves that there are many different themes and styles for weapons with the same states. For example, there was Sigmetal Red and Sigmetal Blue. Now we have Crystalline, and Red Light (same stats, just different look).

The problem: Right now if you want to change the way your weapon looks, you'd need to get another version then 1) Restat  it to Divine 2) Re slot it 3) Get new gems and add new gems to it.

The New System:

• You can change you're weapons style and maintain the divine/noble/magic stats, gems, and +.
  • Example:
    • I have a +10 Crystalline Spear, but I really like how the Red Light weapons look. However, I don't want to find a +0 Red Light Weapon, then again make it divine with the stats I want, then make it +10, then add gems to it.
    • The web-based system would let me log in and exchange a Red Light Token to swap my +10 Crystalline Spear with a +10 Red Light Spear and keep my gems and divine noble stats.

A system like this would have to be web based, since we can't add something like this to the game due to lack of source code. However, I think we can make it work, and work well. As of right now, the endgame 200 weapons only have two styles, Crystalline and Red Light, however we could add more and the possibility and choices could be endless. For example, we could make a Blue Crystalline version (same stats of course) and make it so that you can swap your 200 wep for a Blue Crystalline one using a token that you get from a boss like Tritone.

This system would not be easy to make, however we have the resources and can make it work securely, reliably, and well using our RisingAPI System. I just wanted to get your feedback to see if it's something you guys would like it before we did something like this.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Raph said:

Sounds good but this will be for free? i sugest that have a price for.

Plus, still waiting for TF revamp with effect working 100% QQ

The system would be free yes. However, to exchange, you may need a token that you could get from a boss or dungeon in game. For example, for Blue Crystalline you'd need to kill a new version of Tritone in Aquarius. I think it'd be more fun that way :).

Also, we'll definitely probably add a TF skin.

44 minutes ago, Raph said:

Sounds good but this will be for free? i sugest that have a price for.

Plus, still waiting for TF revamp with effect working 100% QQ

Look at it this way:

Seleana currently has a 33% chance of dropping a +0 Red Light weapon. This means you would have to +10 it and DN it all over if you want it.
With this system it could instead be:
Seleana has a 33% chance of dropping a "Soul of Seleana" or whatever. You can then use this Soul of Seleana AND your +10 crystalline weapon to change your crystalline weapon into a Red Light weapon with the same +10, DN stats and gems as your old crystalline weapon.

So it's not really free, since you would still have to kill the boss and obtain the Exchange item.

I like the idea I like it a lot I support it 100% 

that is, I have a 200 + 10 weapon with all the statistics and I get another 200 + 0 simply pass the statistics from one weapon to another to that they refer

to what he says ralph I like the idea that it has some price I like the idea of the ticket that would encourage more the pve in the game

1 hour ago, Nitex said:

The system would be free yes. However, to exchange, you may need a token that you could get from a boss or dungeon in game. For example, for Blue Crystalline you'd need to kill a new version of Tritone in Aquarius. I think it'd be more fun that way :).

Also, we'll definitely probably add a TF skin.

Thats sound good

51 minutes ago, Dannyboi said:

Look at it this way:

Seleana currently has a 33% chance of dropping a +0 Red Light weapon. This means you would have to +10 it and DN it all over if you want it.
With this system it could instead be:
Seleana has a 33% chance of dropping a "Soul of Seleana" or whatever. You can then use this Soul of Seleana AND your +10 crystalline weapon to change your crystalline weapon into a Red Light weapon with the same +10, DN stats and gems as your old crystalline weapon.

So it's not really free, since you would still have to kill the boss and obtain the Exchange item.

Yeah thats what i meant, when i said pay for it it could be drop, farm items or even dillz for, and would be nice if was a hard drop, because imagine the demand of changing weps you guys will get if its free uses

Could these new tokens be buyable through other players ? I love the idea, but just would never get the chance to use one unless I could just buy it from another player.