You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• 3 words for you: annual DIL squash What I would like to add to the idea of dungeons is DP. Having DP added in tower for like 30-50 drops per floor would be nice to have in addition to being a good place to level 180-190.
    • What if we give it GP only and no PP?
    • Hi, hope you'll forgive the slight necroing of this thread, but I feel it deserves a revisit. I also agree with @2g00d4uthat lower lvl DKSQ is key to keeping new/returning players interested, especially when DKSQ is probably one of the best if not most enjoyable features of Dekaron that was originally intended to be available to players at all levels.    Would it be possible to just remove the ability to earn purchase points from DKSQ and cap the highest rank players can obtain at say, lvl 190? Let me know if this has been suggested already though.   Could we also get a list of things that have already been tried from staff so we can make suggestions around this?    In terms of further reasons that I believe this should be revisted, my reasons are below: I feel it's even more important now to keep newer players interested as the number of active players over the last couple of weeks seems to be dropping compared to March and April, or at least during the times that I'm on, there's been noticeably much fewer items listed in the agency compared to the huge server breaking increase in players we saw in March and April, especially with the lockdown, where a lot of old players such as myself were coming back. Since then quite a few players that I began playing with have stopped playing again citing that they just got bored of farming without any real pvp, and the majority of those players were already playing other games that either had a better grinding experience or they were already max geared on, so they were essentially coming back for a taste of the old pvp. I know for myself being in the same situation as them and I believe this would apply to the majority of new and returning players too, that being able to pvp in lower lvl DKSQ would give us more motivation to play, lvl up and max gear our characters as it gives us a taste of our character's potential in end game DKSQ, PTM, BR and weekly pvp events.   While there have been great patches for end/near-end game players (Shangri-la part 2, DKSQ ranking revamp, etc.) these often did not apply to many of the new/returning players to keep them interested as they did not yet have gear to enjoy this.   From my own perspective as a returning player (I came back from 7 yrs ago where lvl 171 was max or very high lvl and there were no egutt +9 drops), I've always really missed Dekaron because of the pvp, I miss the 3 max geared characters I had on the previous Dekaron Uprising server and was working on maxing my 4th before life and other games took over, so I was looking forward to getting back into pvp again, which meant it was a little disapppointing when I found out that on my grindy road to max gear, there wasn't anywhere I could enjoy pvp on a more level playing field. DF would most of the time be a massacre by the GP group. (PTM and BR I understand and agree that players should be a total utter liability to their team/free kill to their opponents unless they farmed up/made both max gear and good accessories). I currently have one full tera class that can do fine in DKSQ but I've realised while it's good for farming I don't really like its playstyle so I'm working on lvling and gearing a 2nd class for end-game pvp. While I don't mind grinding to a certain extent, it was bearable on Dekaron because I could enjoy the occasional break by going to DKSQ, but it's a lot more difficult when grinding is all I could do until I'm geared enough to not be a 2-skill rollover in DKSQ, so I'm often deciding between hopping to a new game when the grinding starts driving me insane, or finding other ways of enjoying Dekaron such as learning and lvling a new class, but even this experience is a bit dull without the availability of low lvl pvp to explore the class potential and decide if I want to max lvl+gear it for end game pvp. Ultimately, I believe bringing back lower lvl DKSQ in a way that prevents illegal farming (and I believe this can be done if we put our heads together) will be beneficial to all players including end-game, with more motivation for newer players to reach end-game there will also be a more active end-game pvp community, and this also means end-game players won't need to be shouting 'PUSH BR/PTM/DKSQ' as much.    Thanks for reading if you read all the way! Would be good to hear more thoughts from everyone on a lower lvl DKSQ that is exploitation proof, especially from newer players or recently returned players, but of course I realise that those players might not be on forums as much. 
  • Popular Contributors