indrek888

Eyes of Darkness (armor MOD)

7 minutes ago, Chronos said:

Nice dude! So you found a way to put the glowing eyes? Tell me how you did it!

Actually i did not, this is armor so you can give any effect to it, same with weapons and everything else except costumes.

Help me understand why though. I mean costumes are items also, aren't they?

Now I'm not very good at file editing, particularly the texturepacks, scripts etc., but logically I don't see a reason why this can only be made to, as you said, 

4 minutes ago, indrek888 said:

everything else except costumes.

But please indulge me this: help/teach me the way you altered the glows on armors, and I will try to see for myself if it's doable on costumes or not. Who knows? maybe it will all end up with some pretty sick looking costumes.

1 hour ago, Chronos said:

Help me understand why though. I mean costumes are items also, aren't they?

Now I'm not very good at file editing, particularly the texturepacks, scripts etc., but logically I don't see a reason why this can only be made to, as you said, 

But please indulge me this: help/teach me the way you altered the glows on armors, and I will try to see for myself if it's doable on costumes or not. Who knows? maybe it will all end up with some pretty sick looking costumes.

If it was possible, someone would have done it already years back,  but nobody have. I think it have something to do with client limitations, the way it's made, costumes never meant to have effects in the first place so that's why it won't work probably. 

Now how the effects work it's hard to explain it all, but i'll try to explain basic stuff for you in case you want to try it yourself.

We do it backwards to make it easier to understand hopefully. Also i suggest using some kind of csv editor. So first you need to find all these files, we gonna edit them all if needed.

data\script\shape\item_shape.csv
data\script\effect\modeleffect.csv
data\property\effect\effectdata1,2,3.csv ; effectscene1,2,3.csv files 

Then we take transup effect example bagi eye glow texture is "eff_drabiss_acher_midus_att01_pt01#.dds"

Then search through all data\property\effect\effectdata files, find eff_drabiss_acher_midus_att01_pt01#.dds, then we can see the actual effect name is sp_alo_awk_02_eye01.

Next search through data\property\effect\effectscene files until you find sp_alo_awk_02_eye01, there are many scenes that use same effect, but what we need is bagi trans so "bgw_awk_02" it's id is 71, we need it for next part.

Now go data\script\effect\modeleffect.csv, search 71 on eff_id row, once you find correct line, lookup code2 it says 279 that's what we need next.

Go data\script\effect\modeleffect.csv, first find id for item you want to add effect, then look at effect row, that's where we put 279 then save.

If everything done correct effect show up in game. Also rising client files are packed so it won't work here, you need your own server to test it.

Edited by indrek888