elexetor

[POLL & DISCUSSION] A classic server rising style ?

Would you like a classic server 2moons oldschool style ?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a classic server 2moons oldschool style ?

• Yes
    • No

I would like to know if there is a chance for a classic server in rising style, like action 2 or 3 classic style, I know there are OR were in past servers like this, but its a matter of professional staff team and strong server connection with lo MS to keep ppl on a server, specially on a classic dekaron server, so thats why this question is to rising team, any chance for a classic version of dekaron in future ? World of warcraft did it, lineage 2 did it, and other mmorpg did it, and its a success ...

1 hour ago, elexetor said:

I would like to know if there is a chance for a classic server in rising style, like action 2 or 3 classic style, I know there are OR were in past servers like this, but its a matter of professional staff team and strong server connection with lo MS to keep ppl on a server, specially on a classic dekaron server, so thats why this question is to rising team, any chance for a classic version of dekaron in future ? World of warcraft did it, lineage 2 did it, and other mmorpg did it, and its a success ...

The thing about action 2 and action 3 is that there isn't enough content to keep newcomers to dekaron interested.
This is also why the action 2 and 3 servers are dying all the time.
Theres only a small handful of old players from 2moons days who likes the older actions which isn't enough.

People want new things all the time.

Maybe thats true, but how come lineage 2 classic and wow classic has no content except the classic one and everything ppl do there is repetitive, still has a bigger player base than original server with more content.

I think the ppl did a mistake with classic server so far, they let ppl get +9 and max lvl in a few weeks or so and than they quit, the point of classic is the "grind" and the getting that 130 or 115 weapon +9 should take months... thats what are old school players looking for, a classic server with rates close to original, but ofc improved a bit.

In a classic server should take months to get max lvl and +9, but not days or years, the balance is important, and I never seen a pserver doing the "right" thing when it comes to classic, they all added dshop stuff above action 3 or shit like wings from action 6, I never ever seen a TRUE classic server sticking with low rates and the classic content for a long period of time. They all lost player base because they started to introduce content above action 3, even if it was cosmetic... or the rates were to easy and you got bored fast.

3 hours ago, elexetor said:

Maybe thats true, but how come lineage 2 classic and wow classic has no content except the classic one and everything ppl do there is repetitive, still has a bigger player base than original server with more content.

I think the ppl did a mistake with classic server so far, they let ppl get +9 and max lvl in a few weeks or so and than they quit, the point of classic is the "grind" and the getting that 130 or 115 weapon +9 should take months... thats what are old school players looking for, a classic server with rates close to original, but ofc improved a bit.

In a classic server should take months to get max lvl and +9, but not days or years, the balance is important, and I never seen a pserver doing the "right" thing when it comes to classic, they all added dshop stuff above action 3 or shit like wings from action 6, I never ever seen a TRUE classic server sticking with low rates and the classic content for a long period of time. They all lost player base because they started to introduce content above action 3, even if it was cosmetic... or the rates were to easy and you got bored fast.

It took years to get max level and +9 and still not max level on the original. Gamers aren’t willing to put up with that anymore, the costs and time associated with being the best back then was stupid as it came straight from 20+ hour gaming day Korea. Wow Classic works because it has an all time user count of like 100mil, so of course people will give classic a shot. I would give you two weeks on the server before you gave in and stopped playing, running Nunvice until your hands fall off wasn’t fun and never will be, sitting in python dungeon for 2 months also wasn’t fun. You are choosing to forget the bad parts of a2/3.

On 12/25/2018 at 5:27 PM, 8keith8 said:

It took years to get max level and +9 and still not max level on the original. Gamers aren’t willing to put up with that anymore, the costs and time associated with being the best back then was stupid as it came straight from 20+ hour gaming day Korea. Wow Classic works because it has an all time user count of like 100mil, so of course people will give classic a shot. I would give you two weeks on the server before you gave in and stopped playing, running Nunvice until your hands fall off wasn’t fun and never will be, sitting in python dungeon for 2 months also wasn’t fun. You are choosing to forget the bad parts of a2/3.

I would disagree with that.

What i enjoyed most, and what i remember the most about classic A3 is the leveling experience, how you made your way from Loa Castle to Denebe, over to Norak Cave to Parca etc..

Yes it took a long time to level back then, but the exploration of maps, the new encounters of mobs and the process of gearing up actually meant something back then.  I used to love putting sockets into my weapons, the glow it made and the feeling it gave. Getting new skills, and actually learning how to play and to be good at the class you were playing.

Let's not forget Deadfront. I really miss those lv 30 runs, and i would like to experience that again if i could. 

There are so many good things about classic Dekaron, and theres a reason why im still playing this game after all those years.  I started back when 2Moons was a thing, and those are the memories i remember the most. I would much rather play that again then this a18-19 bs. 

45 minutes ago, wid0mz said:

What i enjoyed most, and what i remember the most about classic A3 is the leveling experience, how you made your way from Loa Castle to Denebe, over to Norak Cave to Parca etc..

Yes it took a long time to level back then, but the exploration of maps, the new encounters of mobs and the process of gearing up actually meant something back then.  I used to love putting sockets into my weapons, the glow it made and the feeling it gave. Getting new skills, and actually learning how to play and to be good at the class you were playing.

Let's not forget how Deadfront. I really miss those lv 30 runs, and i would like to experience that again if i could. 

There are so many good things about classic Dekaron, and theres a reason why im still playing this game after all those years.  I started back when 2Moons was a thing, and those are the memories i remember the most. I would much rather play that again then this a18-19 bs. 

While I agree with this, many people don’t. We got a lot of backlash from increasing the level cap. Leveling in A3 was even slower.  

But I guess we’ve spoiled our player base :)  

15 minutes ago, Nitex said:

While I agree with this, many people don’t. We got a lot of backlash from increasing the level cap. Leveling in A3 was even slower.  

But I guess we’ve spoiled our player base :)  

Rising being the most played dekaron server, you guys certainly did something right. No doubt about that :o And the fact that it isnt purely pay2win makes it somewhat worth playing aswell. 

I'll personally fund the project once it starts, better get to work :) 

1 hour ago, wid0mz said:

Let's not forget how Deadfront. I really miss those lv 30 runs, and i would like to experience that again if i could. 

That’s really why I play. I don’t have the time I used to back in the 2moons days in high school and college where I could play all day.  But because of my schedule I can’t really commit to playing the same time ever day either. Because of that, I’m actually ok two servers. If I have a short amount of time and want to grind some levels and get the old school feel, I play the global server, Dekaron papaya. If I have a little more time to find tower parties or figure out where to grind gear, I’ll play rising. 

As a a side note. I have read almost every guide on the site. It’s hard to tell which are still accurate enough. 

Is anyone able to either post in the guides, or just PM me where to get every endgame piece? I need something to play for. I donate and also enjoy grinding. Gives me time to myself. But right now I dont know what to grind. 

Example of what I’m looking for:

Argates drop best on XX map

best earring is called XX, drops from XX on XX map. 

Best set(also wep) is XX set drops from XX mobs on XX map

best necks/earrings are XX drop from XX or are acquired by doing XX

16 minutes ago, xMajjic said:

As a a side note. I have read almost every guide on the site. It’s hard to tell which are still accurate enough. 

Is anyone able to either post in the guides, or just PM me where to get every endgame piece? I need something to play for. I donate and also enjoy grinding. Gives me time to myself. But right now I dont know what to grind. 

Example of what I’m looking for:

Argates drop best on XX map

best earring is called XX, drops from XX on XX map. 

Best set(also wep) is XX set drops from XX mobs on XX map

best necks/earrings are XX drop from XX or are acquired by doing XX

Going a bit offtopic there, but i agree with that. New and better written guides could/should be provided. Not only for every individual map, but also for things such as crafting, +1-+10, most efficient ways of doing this and that. 

Coming from an old player, i had never seen the new + system. got so confused at first, but figured it out eventually.. 

I would also like to see a more detailed guide including Dshop items such as %boosters etc. I would see this as a way to encourage people to farm their own sets, do their own crafting. Could go into much more detail about that, but for the sake of the topic.. giving us something else to do other than spamming tower and waiting for cherub teams. anyways 

You could check out every map, see what happens. 

Suggest you make a new topic about it, maybe it'll be taken seriously