BinBlazin

180 - 199 LVL DKSQ YES OR NO ? {Poll}

180 - 199 LVL DKSQ YES OR NO ?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. 180 - 199 LVL DKSQ YES OR NO ?

Hello guys !!! I got a suggestion if its possible to make one dk square for lower levels since osmium sets are kinda not so used for for pvp it will be nice that poor people enjoy dksq too i know its an end game thing but think about it people who u all call noobs and go lvl eggut will not be in your dksq team u wont have to relog and lower players will be able to farm their suqama with same geared people and it will be fun for them this will bring to the server less toxicity more friendly people and i think it will help for the population to grow because right now the gap between tera and osmium is too big and a lot of newbies just quit once they realize that i`m not trying to say that GM^s don`t do a great job already but think about that this way people will be encouraged to move to next level from osmium to tera not the opposite even it will bring new blood to the server some people are more casual players which is not what dekaron is it`s hardcore pvp pve game but anyways it will make the experience of newbies better :)  In my opinion new players are very important to have one big and friendly dekaron community , give you`r opinions if u like the idea and if not explain why how do u think this change can affect the game . Thank you ! 

Edited by BinBlazin

Opening a new bracket breeds a whole new set of issues, the main one being the abuse of the point system.

In the past when there were multiple DK Square brackets people would just farm their Alts or friends at C1 or C2. ( This could probably be fixed by removing the teleporter altogether but then they could start DK square during the inactive timezone and farm right outside the base. )

The 2nd one being DK Square events will have to be hosted with double the staff members, which usually isn't the case when they do these sort of events. ( This can also be remedied by getting new staff members but that's also not without its drawbacks. )

There should be a possibility to farm just PP outside of DK Square while keeping DK Square and DF exclusively for ranks. Y'all should come up with them good suggestions. Like certain bosses to give x amount of PP.

I’m all for it, all it means is I have a 199 alt that I buy a 195 wep and my full gear with and go farm you with that instead of my main..... no it won’t work, it will take people away from main dk square, it will be abused legally and illegally constantly.

16 hours ago, 8keith8 said:

I’m all for it, all it means is I have a 199 alt that I buy a 195 wep and my full gear with and go farm you with that instead of my main..... no it won’t work, it will take people away from main dk square, it will be abused legally and illegally constantly.

if tera access go for higher level it will be ballanced and osmium armlets and belts will be used with osmium sets this will ballance if someone is using tera access and plumes but thats will be alot of work to do for the admins maybe ... Still i think its nice idea to make use more of those sets and access :) just an idea thanks all for the feedback 

On 12/11/2019 at 10:16 AM, Disty said:

Opening a new bracket breeds a whole new set of issues, the main one being the abuse of the point system.

In the past when there were multiple DK Square brackets people would just farm their Alts or friends at C1 or C2. ( This could probably be fixed by removing the teleporter altogether but then they could start DK square during the inactive timezone and farm right outside the base. )

The 2nd one being DK Square events will have to be hosted with double the staff members, which usually isn't the case when they do these sort of events. ( This can also be remedied by getting new staff members but that's also not without its drawbacks. )

There should be a possibility to farm just PP outside of DK Square while keeping DK Square and DF exclusively for ranks. Y'all should come up with them good suggestions. Like certain bosses to give x amount of PP.

yea the map where u was able to farm pp was good idea saddly got removed maybe revive crevice dungeon with higher monsters and reward to be argates or mavrics and x ammount of pp would be great ! :)  ps. can`t wait to see new solo dungeon

Edited by BinBlazin

It's a wonderful idea, but sadly there will be users who will heavily abuse it. And when I say heavily abuse it, I'm speaking in terms of millions of purchase points. Boosting was a massive issue in the past, which is what led to the removal of the lower tiers. We even had to remove the REALLY low tiers because people abused those as well when we removed the higher ones!! 

One day we may add them back when we have a reliable solution to the cheating on that specific issue, but I don't realistically see this happening in the near future. (Just being honest).

Open to ideas for solutions for the boosting if anyone can think of something creative (that we haven't tried already). 👀

Well. You could change the tera gear lvls to 200 and higher and open lobby for 180-194, and also make it much less rewarding in Ppoints the the 195-210 lobby. I belive it will solve the problem coz people will have motivation to reach for higher lvl and better gear for better rewards and allow new players to get to the fun part of the game wich is pk erlier and it might keep them in server. 

Also, it might be good to let 170 egutt gear to upgrade to +10 coz it makes people feel good that they got +10 gear (still need to be kept much weaker then osm) but i think it will give new people the feel that they getting some progress in the game and allow them to do tower runs without some op guy that does all the dmg.

Last month i helped over 40 people at egutt desert and gave away atleast 20 signet of chaos to begginers just to make them feel good so they will stay on server. I think only about 5 stayed and still play. Something has to change in the low lvls in order to keep the new guys intrested. I think that 170 gear +10 and 180-194 dksq lobby might actually be it.

Its worth the try

Hi, hope you'll forgive the slight necroing of this thread, but I feel it deserves a revisit. I also agree with @2g00d4uthat lower lvl DKSQ is key to keeping new/returning players interested, especially when DKSQ is probably one of the best if not most enjoyable features of Dekaron that was originally intended to be available to players at all levels. 

Would it be possible to just remove the ability to earn purchase points from DKSQ and cap the highest rank players can obtain at say, lvl 190? Let me know if this has been suggested already though.

Could we also get a list of things that have already been tried from staff so we can make suggestions around this? 

In terms of further reasons that I believe this should be revisted, my reasons are below:

I feel it's even more important now to keep newer players interested as the number of active players over the last couple of weeks seems to be dropping compared to March and April, or at least during the times that I'm on, there's been noticeably much fewer items listed in the agency compared to the huge server breaking increase in players we saw in March and April, especially with the lockdown, where a lot of old players such as myself were coming back. Since then quite a few players that I began playing with have stopped playing again citing that they just got bored of farming without any real pvp, and the majority of those players were already playing other games that either had a better grinding experience or they were already max geared on, so they were essentially coming back for a taste of the old pvp. I know for myself being in the same situation as them and I believe this would apply to the majority of new and returning players too, that being able to pvp in lower lvl DKSQ would give us more motivation to play, lvl up and max gear our characters as it gives us a taste of our character's potential in end game DKSQ, PTM, BR and weekly pvp events.

While there have been great patches for end/near-end game players (Shangri-la part 2, DKSQ ranking revamp, etc.) these often did not apply to many of the new/returning players to keep them interested as they did not yet have gear to enjoy this.

From my own perspective as a returning player (I came back from 7 yrs ago where lvl 171 was max or very high lvl and there were no egutt +9 drops), I've always really missed Dekaron because of the pvp, I miss the 3 max geared characters I had on the previous Dekaron Uprising server and was working on maxing my 4th before life and other games took over, so I was looking forward to getting back into pvp again, which meant it was a little disapppointing when I found out that on my grindy road to max gear, there wasn't anywhere I could enjoy pvp on a more level playing field. DF would most of the time be a massacre by the GP group. (PTM and BR I understand and agree that players should be a total utter liability to their team/free kill to their opponents unless they farmed up/made both max gear and good accessories). I currently have one full tera class that can do fine in DKSQ but I've realised while it's good for farming I don't really like its playstyle so I'm working on lvling and gearing a 2nd class for end-game pvp. While I don't mind grinding to a certain extent, it was bearable on Dekaron because I could enjoy the occasional break by going to DKSQ, but it's a lot more difficult when grinding is all I could do until I'm geared enough to not be a 2-skill rollover in DKSQ, so I'm often deciding between hopping to a new game when the grinding starts driving me insane, or finding other ways of enjoying Dekaron such as learning and lvling a new class, but even this experience is a bit dull without the availability of low lvl pvp to explore the class potential and decide if I want to max lvl+gear it for end game pvp.

Ultimately, I believe bringing back lower lvl DKSQ in a way that prevents illegal farming (and I believe this can be done if we put our heads together) will be beneficial to all players including end-game, with more motivation for newer players to reach end-game there will also be a more active end-game pvp community, and this also means end-game players won't need to be shouting 'PUSH BR/PTM/DKSQ' as much. 

Thanks for reading if you read all the way! Would be good to hear more thoughts from everyone on a lower lvl DKSQ that is exploitation proof, especially from newer players or recently returned players, but of course I realise that those players might not be on forums as much. 

Posted (edited)
On 12/11/2019 at 11:16 AM, Disty said:

On 12/12/2019 at 8:22 AM, 8keith8 said:

What if we give it GP only and no PP?

Edited by Chronos